Shipping + Taxes extra
"High Above" - This painting shows two divers soaring above the beams of a cargo hold, marvelling at the wreck below them. The wreck has been reclaimed by the ocean, becoming an artificial reef teeming with vibrant marine life. My inspiration were the various wrecks of Truk Lagoon but this wreck represents so many other wrecks found in the world's oceans, transformed into a home for so much marine life.
Schools of colourful fish swim amongst the beams, while delicate corals cover the surface, creating a mesmerizing underwater garden. The wreck, once a symbol of human industry and might, has been transformed by the power of nature into a beautiful and thriving ecosystem.
I wanted to capture the wondrous results of this natural process, inviting the viewer to imagine themselves diving among the beams, exploring this unique underwater world.
THE PRESENTATION OF THIS PAINTING:
- Acrylic painting on acid free watercolour paper mounted on stretched gallery wrapped heavy duty canvas
- Entire canvas is 12" wide x 16" high x 1.5" depth including image
- Image size mounted onto canvas is 8" wide x 13" high
- Canvas has been primed and painted with a neutral sand colour paint to frame it in a warm colour reminiscent of a sandy beach. Because it is a neutral background colour it will work in any decor.
- The painting comes unframed but is ready to hang without the need for framing. This gives it a more minimal modern look.
- If you do want to personalize the display of this painting with a frame, a floating frame treatment would work well in a neutral colour
- In room staging shows the painting without any framing required
All images are copyrighted and all rights reserved.
SHIPPING COSTS: Once you've made this painting part of your collection by purchasing, we will contact you directly to give you a cost for shipping (and any duty) based on your location. If you have any questions or are interested in owning this for your collection, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.